Monday 18 March 2013

Art Journal started

Hearing about it from others I decided it was time to start my own one.  My first page I forgot to photo before I cut it up for atc so here is the scraps & the finished atc.  I created leaves & flower templates out of plastic.

As I still had blobs of paint out on my work mat I decided to continue on & create another page.  Amazes me how different the background are & yet the same paints were used just a lot more mixed together.  

To make the stencilled butterflies stand out more, I watered down some purple paint & brushed it over the white areas.  I ripped & inked a part of a book page & stuck down.  Then it was onto the fussy cutting or the she girl.  I inked all the indges as well as putting various inks over the hair to create depth & over skin areas to create more of a skin colour.  Slightly watered down purple paint was used to create the petticoat.  A mixture of rub-ons & fine tip black pen were used to create the highlights.  More rub-ons were placed int the background.  1 Saying was cut out & glued down, 1 was a rub-on & the other 3 were stamps.  Yes a poodle fitted well as she has been my best friend for many years now.  This was such fun to create I can't wait to do the next one.   


No comments:

Post a Comment