Thursday 11 April 2013

60th Wedding aniversary

This blog will be added to as I do more.  I started a belated gift for my parents who don't like anyone to celebrate any milestone.  I had emailed a picture of my latest journal entry & Mum had been saying it should be on the wall so I have decided to make them something similar but in Gold tones as per google said 60th was.

I was unable to get a plain frame so I started with this one
Modge podged over it first
Then added crinkled tissue paper
Painted over it green as they have a lot of green in their home, by watering it down I created various depth of green.

Today I made some templates from overhead plastic & used modelling paste to create the H60 & H images & forgot to photo that stage sorry.

Once it was dry I used some new stipple brushes & gold paint with my butterfly template.  Then I used browns, yellows, gold, glitter gold paint to do the edges & add some leaves flowers & finally a tiny brush on the H60 image.  I used my fingers along with all the colours mentioned to paint the edges & blend the colours together.

Now its taking on more of the design of she art.  Paper piecing with inked edges & glued down with watered down modge podge.  Corner edge painted in gold with a rub on applied.  Note rub ons I have discovered are not easy to apply to canvas frames its hard to get a solid background to rub on.  Put the metal shim from the cuttlebug & a book helped I found.

Looks finished to me but you never know what I may add over the next few days :)

Decided it needed a cat & then modge podge it so its now all ready to post :)




2 comments: