Friday 31 January 2014

1st Canvas sold

Yes my first canvas sold yesterday, I'm total in awe & have an order for another, feeling so blessed & have 2 others in my head to get out on canvas so plenty to keep me occupied for a while.

 First off I gesso the whole canvas then continued to do so as put the layers on.  Here I have the basic tree ready & have started on the background using a doily.  The bits I cut off I place elsewhere including the edges.  Thanks to Creative Jumpstart 2014  (www.nathaliesstudio.com)  who shared the use of brown paper bags.

My next step was to place in some background using modelling paste, I little tricky with the tree already glued down.


I continued to layer elements & gesso as I went until I was happy with the final result. Lace, buttons, beads, flowers, charms (From https://www.facebook.com/pages/Created-Especially-For-You/370789092950090?fref=ts) & other odds & ends that I save were all used.

At this stage after a number of gesso layers I had it drying on my table waiting for pastel sprays to arrive.  Yes I had plans to add more colour.  It was seen by someone who fell in love with it & promptly bought it.  Perfect for the redecoration of their bedroom they said.  Its now sealed & awaiting pick up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment