Wednesday 20 July 2016

Canvas - a gift for a long time friend

Been a while since I created a canvas so was so lovely to see this one turn out as I saw in my head.  Creating for someone you know is fun as I could personalise it for them.
I started out creating lots texture using texture paste.


Next I painted my first sunset background using 
Dylusions paints they were the best for this as not
only are they vibrant colours but blend together so well.

Bonus was I used the remains of the colours to create a background in my small journal for a future day.

When all that was dry it was time to add my tissue paper tree.  This time I created tiny twigs & a vine running over the tree as we see in Queensland the strangler vine that takes over a tree in time. 


The completed canvas there is so many things tucked away that make it interesting to look at time and time again.  Three items I used patina to change their colour as they were too brass for this canvas.




"L" for my friends name.  Amazing 
what I find in my saved treasures.


Often I peek a larger animal out somewhere this time it was a rabbit thinking about coming out of its hole.


The handmade beads look fantastic on 
here with little bit of writing poking out.


Can you see the flock of birds flying in the distance?



Love that there is so much texture 
and layers to look at.


The bird is an item I created 
using a mould & painted.


The nest is another mould then painted.


Now the canvas bug has bit again time to create more.  
Hope you love this as much as I do and my friend does.








No comments:

Post a Comment